Kong CE 0.12.0 released
After a few weeks of testing of our release candidates, we are very proud today to announce the latest Community Edition release: Kong CE 0.12.0!
Download Kong 0.12.0 now and give it a try!
The highlights of this new major release are:
- Support for circuit-breaking. Smarter tracking of unhealthy upstream instances.
- Support for passive health checks. On-the-fly circuit-breaking for unhealthy remote instances upon TCP or HTTP errors.
- Support for active health checks. Preemptively short-circuit unhealthy remote instances with periodic HTTP test requests.
- Support for hash-based load balancing. Kong now offers consistent hashing/sticky sessions load balancing.
- Logging plugins now log requests that were short-circuited by Kong (such as HTTP 401 responses from auth plugins, or HTTP 429 responses from rate-limiting plugins).
You can view the full Kong CE 0.12.0 Changelog for a detailed list of changes included in this release.
Consult the 0.12 Upgrade Path for a list of breaking changes and suggested migration steps.