The 11 rules of the HP Garage
← Back to Blog Home
The HP Garage is the famous birthplace of Silicon Valley where the company Hewlett-Packard (HP) was founded. Here’s the famous 11 rules that encapsulated the work ethos of Silicon Valley:
- Believe you can change the world.
- Work quickly, keep the tools unlocked, work whenever.
- Know when to work alone and when to work together.
- Share – tools, ideas. Trust your colleagues.
- No politics. No bureaucracy. (These are ridiculous in a garage.)
- The customer defines a job well done.
- Radical ideas are not bad ideas.
- Invent different ways of working.
- Make a contribution every day. If it doesn’t contribute, it doesn’t leave the garage.
- Believe that together we can do anything.