Trade Data API from U.S. Government now on Mashape
The International Trade Association (ITA) within the Department of Commerce recognizes the importance of open data and is working hard to make its trade data available. ITA’s mission is to help US companies export abroad, and the opening of its public trade data is another step in helping US businesses be competitive in an increasingly international market.
Through its Trade Data APIs, ITA provides developers with access to authoritative information on US exports and international trade. Developers can use this information, often in conjunction with other data they possess, to put meaningful trade data on Web sites and mobile apps for U.S. businesses to use.
ITA currently has the following data sets available for use:
- Market Research: ITA’s Market Research Reports, Best Market Reports, and Country Commercial Guides.
- Consolidated Screening List: Collection of 9 lists of company/individual names with whom a US company may not be allowed to do business; collaborative effort with Departments of Treasury, State, and Commerce.
- Trade Events: ITA events. Upcoming: events from other TPCC partners.
- Trade Leads: Trade leads, procurement opportunities, and contract notifications from the State Department’s BIDS system as well as the UK and Canada. Upcoming: leads from FedBizOpps.
- ITA Offices: Location of all ITA US Export Assistance Centers and Overseas Posts.
- Trade News & Articles: ITA’s Web content.
These data sets are only the beginning of the potential ITA sees for opening trade data and making it fast, automatic, and current.