Architecting the Future: Cloud Native ApplicationsTo better prepare for the future, it’s important to get a solid understanding of this rising technology trend. In this e-book, we examine cloud native architecture, look back at the rise of cloud native app development, and explore the future of cloud native on the entire software ecosystem.
To compete with large enterprise incumbents, Middle Market and SMB companies need an API platform that enables them to easily build and run next-generation software by providing an enterprise-grade performance with consumer-grade ease of use. Other API gateways and platforms lack the performance, ease-of-use, and automation needed to enable lean teams to build and operate complex, next-generation software.
The Kong Enterprise API platform provides the performance, ease-of-use, and automation Middle Market and SMB companies need to be able to easily build, manage, and scale new services and products in the most cost-effective way possible.
Reduce Time to Market
- Kong seamlessly integrates into CI/CD workflows to automate manual deployment and release tasks and accelerate dev cycles.
- Kong encodes governance into development workflows by standardizing traffic control policies and enabling spec-first development.
Improve Customer Experience
- Kong Enterprise provides the industry’s lowest latency and highest scalability to ensure your services always perform at their best.
- Kong’s lightweight, open source core allows you to optimize performance across all your services, no matter where they run.
- Scale Kong nodes linearly to process trillions of API calls with zero decrease in performance or stability.
- Maximize resource efficiency and minimize footprint with Kong’s lightweight core.
- Empower developers to use the best tool for the job at the lowest cost
- Dynamically scale up and down with demand to optimize cost without sacrificing performance
- Avoid development siloes, which could require costly integrations
- Avoid Lock-in and component dependencies
In this eBook, we discuss:
- What cloud native architecture is, why it came to be and what dominant software development trends shape the architectural trend
- The history of cloud native applications, why they’re important and what they mean for practitioners
- Considerations for practitioners, benefits and challenges for adopting this development strategy
- The impact of this architecture on the entire ecosystem