- This event has passed.
Workshop Automating the Dev Pipeline with APIOps:
Rapidly Design, Publish, and Consume APIs Digital Event
04/15/2021 PDT • 8:00 am - 9:30 am
We look forward to seeing you at tomorrow’s virtual workshop, Automating the Dev Pipeline with APIOps:
Rapidly Design, Publish, and Consume APIs, hosted by Kong.
Thursday, April 15, 2021
8:00 – 9:30 AM PDT
How to Join
Link to join will be sent 1 hour prior to the event.
View full event description and agenda here.
To avoid any connectivity issues on the day and so we can get straight into the workshop, please take a couple of minutes to ensure you're ready to go:
- Run the quick connectivity test: https://se.konglabs.io/
- Create a GitHub account (if you don't have one already): https://github.com/
If you are not able to make the event please contact email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you.
The Kong Team
Teams are looking for every opportunity to do more with less. Companies want to get to market faster and improve the quality of experiences, while reducing costs with automation. To accomplish these goals, it is critical to allow the developers to use DevOps processes and re-use existing services to drive speed and innovation.
In this workshop, we’ll explore how Kong enables spec based development to provide consistent APIs, documentation, and testing, and supports GitOps to automate deployment. The end result is APIs will be better quality and published faster, accelerating the development of solutions using those APIs and because of automation, manual effort will be significantly reduced.
- What APIOps is and how your team can leverage it to automate the full API lifecycle
- How to create API specs with Insomnia, an API design platform
- How to standardize linting and unit testing with the Insomnia CLI
- How to automatically generate the declarative config in Insomnia to instantly set up your local Kong Gateway instance and test your API
- How to use Git Sync to commit and push your API
- How to tie everything together through GitHub Actions for a fully automated workflow in Kong
The LAByrinths are designed to be an interactive, hands-on experience. Please turn on cameras & mics.
Please have Zoom plug-ins installed within your browser. You will be able to talk & turn on your video much like a live event!
- Welcome & introductions
- Overview of APIOps
- Connectivity Test
- Hands on labs
- Questions & Close
Melissa van der Hecht