Verifone Case Study
Founded in 1981, Verifone is a global leader in payments and commerce solutions at the point of sale. If you have a credit or debit card, you have certainly paid on one of the 35 million+ Verifone payment terminals worldwide. Verifone solutions enable more than 10 billion secure transactions a year for merchants, consumers and the institutions that serve them. Verifone serves over 150 countries, with customers spanning financial services, retail, petroleum, restaurant, hospitality, transportation and healthcare industries.
- Needed to streamline a large-scale, complex global payments system without disrupting services for global customer and merchant base
- Needed infrastructure to govern and securely expose APIs for applications running in a microservices architecture with high reliability
- Kong Enterprise as a service connectivity platform to centrally secure, manage and monitor all global traffic
- Move from monolithic to microservices architecture, with flexibility to manage APIs across on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployments
- Reduced TCO 75% and decreased time to market 20X by consolidating 20 regional payment systems into a single global system, with all traffic managed and secured by Kong
- Saved development teams hundreds of hours per month via automated generation and maintenance of API contracts with OpenAPI and centralized monitoring of API traffic