Microservices and Multi-Cloud: Building Cross-Cloud Harmony
This eBook explains how microservices can facilitate the adoption of a multi-cloud strategy. Included are a holistic overview of the multi-cloud pattern including the benefits and drawbacks, strategies for adoption, and challenges to overcome if adopting the strategy without microservices.
Microservices and Multi-Cloud
Two of the hottest trends in tech today are microservices and multi-cloud.
The use of microservices in the development world is increasing by the day. Enterprises are recognizing the benefits of microservices in development and deployment as componentization brings advantages such as increased agility, greater freedom of choice for developers, boosted application resiliency and improved developer efficiency.
Multi-cloud environments can help enterprises to address their broader business goals.With careful planning and management, organizations adopting this approach can gain elevated performance, reliability, flexibility, and lower costs, all carefully aligned with their business needs.
Using this strategy, an organization can take advantage of the speed, capacity, or features offered by a particular provider, their own private cloud, or a cloud in a particular geography or vertical market. It can also make use of more price-competitive cloud services while simultaneously satisfying the demands of multiple applications and departments.
With the benefits of microservices architecture in mind, practitioners are now exploring using it for deploying multi-cloud.
In this eBook we discuss:
- The history, benefits and drawbacks associated with the multi-cloud approach
- Strategies and considerations for adopting the architectural pattern, including preparation techniques
- The culture, knowledge and structures required to implement microservices architecture
- How microservices help a multi-cloud strategy
- Considerations for adopting the approach without the use of microservices, including architectural, operational, and security challenges to overcome
Download the eBook
By submitting your information, you agree to receive future communications from Kong.