Identity and encryption
The more services our teams create and the more important it is to provide a platform to deliver zero-trust security and OPA to our apps.
Build stronger security walls
Reduce risk in a world plagued by security and repetitional threats with 1-click zero trust security and supercharged OPA integration.
Reduce operational complexity
Creating a strong security stance comes with substantial overhead. Kong Mesh eliminate the complexity with automatic TLS and OPA management.
Improve TCO for every service
When our teams are not asked to build security infrastructure, they are more productive and they execute faster with overall more secure apps.
MS3 Selects Kong Mesh to Power its Next-Generation Integration Platform
Yahoo! Japan - Looking Beyond the API Platform
Verifone Trusts Kong for its Global, Omnichannel Payments Solution
Papa John’s Accelerates Time to Market 3X with Kong
Being able to inject end-to-end security and tracing without introducing performance issues is huge for our customers. With Kong Mesh and Kong, we know that our customers will get a flexible, high-performance solution for all their needs, now and in the future.Aaron Weikle , CEO at MS3
With Kong, we knew that we would get something that would work perfectly with our technology today and set us up for where we want to go. Kong allows us to deploy on-premise, easily integrates with all the technologies we use across the company and gives us the flexibility we want to avoid vendor lock-in.Kanaderu Fukuda , Senior Manager at Yahoo! Japan
Since all regional payment systems were previously monoliths exposing APIs separately, the API gateway was a greenfield project for Verifone. "In moving to microservices, we knew we needed an API gateway.Hans van Leeuwen , Lead Architect at Verifone
As these integrations scaled up, the addition of a robust API Gateway solution like Kong to our technology stack was a no-brainer.Sarika Attal , Senior Director at Papa John’s
Zero-Trust in 1-click
Enable automatic provisioning of identities across every service in the organization without having to update our services.
- Built-in, custom and HashiCorp Vault CAs
- Dynamic provisioning of TLS identities for every service.
- Transport encryption for secure service communication.
- Automatic rotation and management of certificates.
- Works on Kubernetes, VMs and bare metal.
- Support for multi-cluster and multi-cloud.
AuthN/Z delivered via OPA
Abstract away authN/Z checks and provide a standardize way to enable security across our services and APIs.
- Supercharged OPA that doesn’t require additional agent sidecar
- Support for local or 3rd party policy storage (ie: Styra)
- Single and multi-zone support with automatic propagation
Automatic TLS certificate lifecycle
Issuing and managing TLS certificates can be an extremely complex operational task, especially across multiple environments.
- Automatic rotation and expiration of data plane proxy certificate
- Automatic rotation and expiration of the CA stores
- Spiffe compliant TLS issuance
- CA compartmentalization for multiple applications
- API & GUI certificate lifecycle status and reports
Questions about breaking your monolith down into smaller parts?
Contact us today and tell us more about your configuration and we can offer details about features, support, plans and consulting.
Related Use Cases
Decentralized Load Balancing
Build more performant and reliable load balancing via service mesh.
Learn More →
Automatically collect hundreds of traces, logs and metrics
Learn More →
Service Mesh Connectivity
Turn connectivity into electricity with Kong Mesh.
Learn More →