Founded in 2009, TUNE builds technology that powers successful marketing partnerships across mobile and web. The TUNE Partner Marketing Platform is the industry’s most flexible SaaS platform for building, managing, and growing partner programs for advertisers and networks. As one of the first cloud-based SaaS platforms to support affiliate marketing, TUNE’s mission has evolved as affiliate marketing has expanded and evolved into the larger partner marketing category. As part of this evolution, TUNE set a business goal to increase revenue and market share in the direct advertiser space.
- Legacy API not aligned to end user requirements for new target market
- Developer productivity hampered by the need to build and maintain API infrastructure logic at the application layer
- Lack of agility since team assignments were limited by code base and architectural concerns
- Kong Enterprise as service control platform running on Kubernetes in AWS to expose new external API
- Developer Portal enabling service discovery and API standardization on OpenAPI 3.0
- Created architectural freedom, allowing vertical-oriented teams that own front end to back end without dependencies on other teams
- Improved developer productivity by over 10X by adding API infrastructure logic at the networking layer