Kong 0.2.1 released
The latest update of Kong (0.2.1) includes several bug fixes since the initial launch two weeks ago.
- Support for local DNS resolutions
- Support for Debian 8 and Ubuntu 15.04
- Support for multiple Host headers (Kong now works well with Postman)
- Support for multiple
host:portpairs in Cassandra
- Full changelog available on Kong’s repository
To update to the latest version, simply follow the installation instructions to reinstall Kong.
Roadmap to 0.3.0
This release is the foundation for the next major release (0.3.0) which will include:
- Better SSL support as the foundation for building the OAuth 2 plugin
- Plugin modularization to ease their separation from the Kong core
- New plugins such as Request Size and Response Transformation (to block large payloads on a “per-microservice” and “per-consumer” setting)
As always, we would like to invite you to contribute to the project by opening issues, submitting pull requests and chatting with the core maintainers on our Gitter channel.
Kong has received more than 1300 stars on Github, and it was one of the top 10 trending repositories for several days. Thank you the overwhelming support!
If you’re in San Francisco, please join us for the first Kong Meetup on Thur, Jun 4, 2015 at 6:30pm at the Mashape office. We’ll be talking about Kong, Open-Source, Microservices and APIs!