Kong Community Code of Conduct
Kong community-focused programs seek to provide a collaborative environment for users, developers, solution architects, and other community members to learn not only how to be successful when leveraging Kong, but also in becoming Kong experts. Kong Community programs include, but are not limited to: Kong contributor programs, local Meetups, forums, slack channels, champion program, live streams, social media, any comments in Kong channels, and any other public or virtual event organized by Kong.
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, the Kong Community team pledges to make participation in our programs and our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, disability, ethnicity, gender identity and expression, level of experience, nationality, personal appearance, race, religion, or sexual identity and orientation.
This Code of Conduct applies both within project spaces and in public spaces when an individual is representing the program or its community. Examples of representing a project or community include using an official project e-mail address, posting via a Meetup group, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Examples of behavior that contributes to creating a positive environment include:
- Using welcoming and inclusive language
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences
- Gracefully accepting constructive criticism
- Focusing on what is best for the community
- Showing empathy towards other community members
Examples of unacceptable behavior by participants include:
- The use of sexualized language or imagery and unwelcome sexual attention or advances
- Trolling, insulting/derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment, including spam comments
- Publishing other’s private information, such as a physical or electronic address, without explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
- Be respectful to one another
- Be nice and considerate of everyone around you
- Be patient
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Ask for help when unsure
The Kong Community team is responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
The Kong Community team has the right and responsibility to remove or edit any post, comment, image, or any other remark that is not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to ban temporarily or permanently any community member for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported by contacting the community team at email@example.com. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances.