Blowing Up the Monolith: Adopting a Microservices-Based ArchitectureThis ebook explains the process for transitioning from a monolithic to a microservices-based architecture. Included are technical aspects and common mistakes to avoid.
Microservices. This approach to application design has become a dominant choice for organizations looking to realize the benefits that it offers over more traditional, monolithic application architectures.
The promise of a microservices architecture is certainly appealing, but there are many questions that should be asked and tackled prior to what will be an involved transition from monolith to microservices, which is what the ebook “Blowing up the monolith: adopting a microservices architecture” addresses.
In this eBook we discuss:
- What questions should you ask before blowing up a monolith.
- How to move from a monolithic application architecture to a microservices-based architecture with its pros and cons.
- Technical considerations including microservices communications techniques and scenarios, including testing and transition strategies.
- Common mistakes to avoid and best practices for the process.
- The role of containers and service mesh in microservices.