Kong Gateway for Beginners
In this Kong Gateway for beginners guide, you’ll learn how to do the following. Install Kong Gateway.
• Download and install Kong on Amazon Linux 2 (0:53)
• Add a service using the Kong Manager GUI (7:42)
• Add a route using the Kong Manager GUI (8:25)
• Add the key authentication plugin (10:45)
• Test plugins using Insomnia (12:50)
• Add the proxy cache plugin (14:45)
Kong Gateway can simplify scaling microservices by being the abstraction layer that routes clients to your existing upstream service while building a new service. It also applies a common policy for each request and response no matter where the target service is. The benefit of this is that you gain architectural freedom and modernize your application without impacting your clients.
If you have any additional questions, post them on Kong Nation.
To stay in touch, join the Kong Community.
Once you’ve successfully set up Kong Gateway, you may find these other tutorials helpful: