Kuma 1.2 and Kong Mesh 1.3 Released
We are happy to announce a new major release of Kuma, and a new major release of Kong Mesh built on Kuma! Kuma 1.2 ships with 20 new features and countless improvements. We strongly suggest to upgrade, in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest when it comes to service mesh.
Improvements in Kuma 1.2 and Mesh 1.3
- 🚀 New L7 Traffic Routing policy to route – and modify – HTTP traffic per path, method, header or any other combination, with support for regex. Traffic can be modified before reaching the final destination too.
- 🚀 New Rate-Limit policy to protect our services from aggressive traffic, therefore protecting them from downtimes and improving the overall reliability of the applications.
- 🚀 The “Remote” control planes have been renamed to “Zone” control planes, and by doing so we have renamed the “Ingress” resource into “ZoneIngress”. This change was made after hearing the feedback of many users in the community that wanted more clarity in the naming of this resource.
- 🚀 Traffic Permissions now work with External Services.
- 🚀 Improved performance of our DNS resolution.
- Countless improvements, including a fix for GCP/GKE’s erratic IPv6 support.
- Updated to Envoy 1.18.3.
For a complete list of features and updates, take a look at the full changelog.
Webinar for Kuma 1.2
Join Cody De Arkland with Kong’s Office of the CTO as we explore the new release of Kuma and Kong Service mesh. Register >>
Livestream for Kuma 1.2
Watch the Kong Builders live stream recording about Kuma 1.2 showcasing some of the new features below. Also, feel free to ask any questions on the Kuma Slack.