We are happy to announce a new release of Kuma – v1.1.0 – that ships with more than 10 new features, a new timeout policy, and new health-checking and load-balancing modes!! We highly suggest to upgrade to this new version.
Notable improvements in 1.1.0
- 🚀 New timeout policy configurable per service and traffic path
- 🚀 More features in both the health check and load balancing policies
- 🚀 New default retry policy that’s created when the mesh is provisioned
auto_host_rewrite is enabled by default in external services
- Requirement removed for
ingress.kubernetes.io/service-upstream for Kong Gateway
- Improvements to transparent proxying on VMs
- Support for UPD listeners
- Built on the new version of Envoy, v1.17.1
- And more!
For a complete list of features and updates, take a look at the full changelog
Join us on the community call!
Join us on our community channels
to learn more about Kuma, including our official Slack chat. The community channels are useful to get up and running with Kuma, as well as to learn how to contribute to and discuss the project roadmap. Kuma is a CNCF Sandbox project: neutral, open and inclusive.
Be sure to carefully read the Upgrade Guide
before upgrading Kuma.