We are happy to announce a new release of Kuma – v1.1.1 – which provides a patch release to v1.1.0 that includes two new features and several fixes to known issues. Here’s a summary of everything we’ve shipped for Kuma this week:
New in 1.1.1
- zipkin config now includes a shared span context option, with thanks to @ericmustin for contributing!
changed check was removed
- Fixes to issues with types in kumactl, annotations with ingress, and error messages
Notable improvements in 1.1.0
- 🚀 New timeout policy configurable per service and traffic path
- 🚀 More features in both the health check and load balancing policies
- 🚀 New default retry policy that’s created when the mesh is provisioned
auto_host_rewrite is enabled by default in external services
- Requirement removed for
ingress.kubernetes.io/service-upstream for Kong Gateway
- Improvements to transparent proxying on VMs
- Support for UPD listeners
- Built on the new version of Envoy, v1.17.1
- And more!
For a complete list of features and updates, take a look at the full changelog
Join us on the community call!
Join us on our community channels
to learn more about Kuma, including our official Slack chat. The community channels are useful to get up and running with Kuma, as well as to learn how to contribute to and discuss the project roadmap. Kuma is a CNCF Sandbox project: neutral, open and inclusive.
Be sure to carefully read the Upgrade Guide
before upgrading Kuma.